StoreFeeder contains the functionality to return and exchange all or part of an order. These actions can only be performed on orders with the status of 'Despatched'.
Returning an Order
In the 'Items Ordered' section of your order, you will see the line items for the order. You will first need to set;
- Quantity To Refund - How many of the items are to be returned.
- Amount To Refund - The price to be refunded.
- Reason For Return - You can choose from Unwanted By Customer or Damaged Goods.
- Return Stock to Inventory - If the quantity returned is to be returned to the inventory of the product.
- Refund Shipping - If you want to refund the order shipping cost for the order.
- Awaiting Return - If the customer has yet to return the item to you.
- Notes - Any additional notes you may want to add.
Once you have added the required information you can either click the 'Return Option' on the line item to return or you can check the box next to the order line and click the 'Return Selected Items' button.
Confirm that you are happy to return the selected line items...
...and confirm that you want to refund the selected line items.
You will now see a confirmation message telling you that the item has been successfully returned. If you want to undo the return for any reason you can click the 'Undo Return' button circled in the image below.The order will have a status of 'Awaiting Return' if the awaiting return box was checked at the point of refund. If not then the order will show a status of 'Returned'.
Click the 'Save' button to complete the return process.
Exchanging An Order
If a customer requests an exchange of an item that they have ordered, then that exchange can be performed via StoreFeeder, with the returned item either being returned to stock or written off.
Once you have added the required information you can either click the 'Exchange Option' on the line item to perform the exchange or you can check the box next to the order line and click the 'Exchange Selected Items' button.
Confirm that you are happy to begin the exchange process.