Creating Purchase orders through CSV import could be a huge time saver for customers who already know what they're ordering and how much they have ordered.
To create a Purchase order via CSV import you will first need to grant yourself access to this page.
This can be done in settings -> Users -> Edit/View on your user
The page can be found here in the menus:
Once you're on this page you'll be confronted with this screen:
If you're unsure on what to enter in any of these fields please read the below:
PO Reference - This field sets a reference for the purchase order, it's just a way for you to identify your purchase orders easily. This field accepts any kind of character
Delivery Cost - This allows you to set a delivery cost for the purchase order if you are getting free delivery you can leave this blank or set it to 0.
Supplier - This field is a drop down list and will contain a list of all your suppliers, you need to select the supplier that you're raising the purchase order for
Warehouse - This allows you to set the warehouse that the products you're receiving will be going to, you may only have a default warehouse.
Due Date - This is an optional field and is only for your reference of when you should receive the delivery.
Building the file to import
The file itself is simple enough as there are 4 potential fields but only 3 are mandatory. Attached is an excel document in the right format for the import.
To explain the fields:
*SKU - The SKU that you use for the product
*Supplier SKU - The SKU that your supplier uses for the product
Cost - The cost per item
Quantity - How many of the product you are ordering
You do not need to include both SKU and Supplier SKU as only one of those fields is necessary. Also please make sure to not include duplicate product or supplier SKUs in the file.
*The Purchase order will import in the currency that is set against your supplier
Workflow of creating a Purchase Order Though CSV Order Import
1. Ensure your Suppliers are set up in StoreFeeder
2. Make sure on your products in StoreFeeder you set up the supplier, this can either be done through the manage products page by editing each product individually or in bulk through a product import and quickly setting the suppliers against your products
3. Create the file you want to import, find either the product SKUs or supplier SKUs you want to order and then find the cost price of each item and how many you want to order.
4. Fill in the fields on the screen (PO Reference, Delivery Cost, Supplier, Warehouse, Due Date)
5. Click "Select File" and select the file you made to import
6. If you used the attached template the fields will map automatically, if you made your own file make sure map your fields up correctly.