This page covers the basics for setting up your scanners for use with the StoreFeeder WMS app.
For more specific instructions for the type of scanner you use, please see:
Your scanner will require configuring to send the barcode information through to the StoreFeeder WMS app.
This is a 2 stage process of adding settings via an app on the device and then scanning within the StoreFeeder WMS app to link them both.
A successful configuration will mean you don't have to select into an input field or click Search when scanning a barcode. For example: on the Product Enquiry page that contains a search field, you can simply scan a barcode and this will populate the input field and search.
Depending on your device the configuration settings will either be entered:
- In the Settings app, there will be a Barcode Settings menu or similar
- In a specific app, eg on the M3 it is ScanEmul or on the Zebra TC20 it is DataWedge
The general settings may vary slightly per device (see the device specific help links) however in summary they are:
- Use Intent Output
- Intent Action to be set to 'com.sf.barcode.action'
- Intent Category to be set to 'com.sf.barcode.category'
- Intent Delivery to be set to Broadcast Intent
- If you can associate an app choose StoreFeeder WMS or com.storefeeder.sfclassicmobile app and * for activities
Once these are set go back to the StoreFeeder WMS app.
From the menu click:
'On Device Scanner Configuration'
'I have updated the settings'
Use a barcode for 12345678, click 'I'm ready to scan' and scan the barcode.
A success message will be displayed when this works as expected.