Create Shipping Methods, Regions and Rules for Orders
This will help you get set up with shipping through StoreFeeder
In this section we will be looking at how we automatically assign shipping services to an order when they import into Storefeeder. In order to be able to assign shipping methods automatically to orders there are 3 tasks that need to be completed.
- The tasks in this article can only be completed once you have fully integrated your couriers.
- Testing of all couriers should be completed before any of these tasks are worked on. You will need to ensure that a test label and if applicable a test manifest has successfully been created for your couriers.
- Shipping rules work on a per order basis and not on a per item basis.
Please see below for more information on these tasks and the order in which these tasks need to be completed.
1. Shipping Methods
This is where you can create the shipping services with the relevant service codes that you send your orders out on.
As an example, let's say you use royal mail to send orders to your customers. Based on the value of the order the service may differ. So for orders under £20 you may set up a method that sends them with a standard service of ‘Royal Mail 2nd Class’, and for orders over £20 you may set up a method that sends them with 'Royal mail Tracked 24'.
For more information on how to create your shipping services please see the article here.
2. Shipping Regions
This is not a compulsory step, but may be required, depending on how you ship.
The shipping regions function allows you to create custom groupings of countries, which can be used as a part of your shipping rules criteria.
For example, you may ship to the UK main land and the Channel Islands with the same shipping service, but both of these locations are classed as separate regions. So you may want to group these countries together and call them ‘UK Channel Islands’ to use them more effectively in your shipping rules. For more information on how to create shipping regions please see the article here.
3. Shipping Rules
Shipping rules will allow you to send an order by a certain shipping method/service depending on the orders criteria.
For example, you may set a shipping rule as follows:
(1) Name – Tracked 24hr
(2) Channel Type – Ebay
(3) Channel – All
(4) Channel shipping method – All shipping methods
(5) Order Total (£) – Min.20.00 - No Max
(6) Order Subtotal (£) – No Min- No Max
(7) Shipping Cost (£) – No Min- No Max
(8) Order Weight (KG) – No Min – Max. 2.00
(9) Shipping Regions – UK main land + channel islands
(10) Shipping Method - Royal Mail Tracked 24
This shipping rule will work in the following way:
When an order imports from any (3) eBay channel (2), regardless of the shipping service selected on channel (4), provided the order total is over £20.00 (5), under 2kg of weight (8) and being delivered within the UK main land or the Channel Islands (9), Royal Mail Tracked 24 will be assigned to the order (10).
This is how your shipping rules will be built to cater for the way in which you ship.
For more information on how to create shipping rules please see the article here.
Have you completed each task? If so, click here to proceed to our 'Testing' page.
For further information about shipping on StoreFeeder, visit the Knowledge Base here.