This is the picking function within the App.
This replaces the paper based system in the main StoreFeeder system. It walks you around the warehouse in a logical order (based on your stock location order) telling the picker which location to go to and which product and qty that they need to pick.
You can set specific verification levels to each pickwave to set barcode authentication of products and/or locations as picking is performed.
Where verification is required, the picker will not be able to advance to the next pick until the correct barcode is scanned.
- Barcode Verification makes picking more accurate. No product knowledge required to pick.
- A logical walking route for picking reduces walking and makes picking more efficient (see Stock Location Order)
- Intuitive and informative action bar at the bottom of the page.
- When the validation type is Location and Product Qty then the page will auto advance to the next pick when the full quantity of the product has been scanned. This only occurs on this validation type as you can be sure you have successfully picked the required amount.
- Stock Problem. Multistock accounts can report stock problems and request alternative locations for picking. See article for more information - Pickwave stock problem
Hints & Tips:
- If you are unable to scan a barcode for any reason, you can override the "scan" function by typing a reason for not scanning into the "Note" section.
- If you need to pick more than 1 unit of the product, the Pick Qty will flash green.
- You can see how far you are through the picking process as specified by the position detail "x of y" as a pick.
- When you start a pickwave, you can choose to pick the pickwave in reverse, Z to A as opposed to A to Z. This helps when the start of a warehouse route is busy.
- Under the "Next" button, you will see the next location that you need to go to. Particularly useful if you are picking from a high location and the next location is next to it.
- Pickers can claim pickwaves that are assigned to other pickers as long as they have not been started. Select the picker from the selection list to see their pickwaves. Click on one to be asked if you wish to reassign the pickwaves into your name.