This function allows you to book in deliveries directly into the system.
When entering the Deliveries section, you can either enter a PO number (from the StoreFeeder PO section) or you can scan an item within the delivery and StoreFeeder will bring up all open PO's that contain that SKU so you can select the correct one to book in.
Either way, you will now be presented with the Book In screen. Here you can see the 4 tabs at the top of the screen showing the progress of the book in process for this PO. Each tab contains the lines for that current status.
Within a tab you will see the individual item details, the qty ordered and received and the suggested stock location.
There are 2 ways of checking the stock in.
- You can use the "+" or "-" buttons, or type in the qty received in the entry box.
- You can simply start scanning the product barcodes of each item and the stock will increment with each scan.
This is great if you get a mixed box of items and saves you having to sort the products into type to book in.
You can now scan the location you are putting those products in to.
This can be an iterative process eg:
Scan product A 3 times, scan location 1-A to confirm you've put 3 in.
Scan product B 5 times, scan location 1-B to confirm put away.
Scan product C 3 times and D 4 times, scan location 1-C to put all 7 into it.
If you do not wish to scan a location or are not instantly putting products away then you now have 3 options.
Quarantine - Book scanned items into a Quarantine location for transferring out later (see StoreFeeder App - Transfers). This is particularly useful if you are booking in late in the day and want the stock booked in but not for sale overnight.
Goods In - Book scanned items into a Goods In location for transferring out later (see StoreFeeder App - Transfers). Again, great for booking all items in quickly. This function is used where you don't want to be walking each product to the location when it is booked in, but maybe want to book all items in, place on a pallet and then walk around with the pallet to put away.
Other - Book scanned item into an individual stock location. This is the best feature to use when booking in SKU's one at a time.
Clicking "Other" allows you to use the suggested stock location or select one of your own.
When a location is selected or scanned then any product lines that have a quantity to book in will be processed. The product lines will then move to another status tab if required, eg from 'not started' to 'in progress'. Once the quantity received matches the quantity order then it will move to the 'complete' tab. Overbooked is it you have received more than ordered.
If you scan a product at the start and there is no open PO for that SKU on the system, then the app will ask if you wish to create an ad hoc PO in order to book the stock in.
Clicking 'Yes' then asks you to select the Supplier that the stock has come from. It then continues as above where you can add the qty and book into a location.
- When scanning products into this page, this does not have to be in product order, so scanning 2 x Camping Mug, followed by 1 x BBQ, followed by 1 x Camping Mug will count 3 x Mugs and 1 x BBQ and increment accordingly.
- At the top of the page there is a confirmation summary toggle. Turn this on to see an alert containing details of what is about to be booked in, this can be confirmed or cancelled. This is an optional extra safety step.
Hints & Tips
- If you use carton barcodes and qty's within the Supplier section of StoreFeeder, you can simply scan the carton barcode and the carton qty will be booked in.
Article is closed for comments.